Nigerian Puffpuff is a very popular Snack, it is fluffy, spongy and just melts in your mouth; simply delicious. It is usually eaten alone or paired with other finger food like Samosa, Springroll, Mosa,peppered beef and Chicken. Lets make it!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5 cups of all-purpose Flour [ I use the small baking powder cup]
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of dried yeast
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 cap of Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk flavour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lukewarm water
- Pinch of salt
Wash you hands thoroughly because you will use it to mix the Puffpuff well; I prefer using my hand because it helps me mix well to get that fluffy, soft Puffpuff.
- Add 5 cups of flour in a bowl, add yeast, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, milk flavour, butter, and mix. Add 1 beaten egg, gradually add water and mix to a slightly light mixture, it should look like this. Mix for about 5 minutes to make it fluffy.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rise for 1 hour
it should have bubbles like this:
- Heat up oil in a pan, the oil should be plenty because we are deep frying
- Scoop the mixture and fry on low heat until brown. Continue frying until the mixture is finished
Our Puffpuff is ready, Enjoy!