I have been trying to loose weight, keep fit and eat healthy lately, so I came up with this yummy sweet potato recipe. Sweet potatoes are very healthy and can be substituted for yam or white potatoes. A lot of #fitfam on Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook eat it to reduce high carb food. Here’s my simple recipe; it does not need salt and oil.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- Red bell pepper (Tatashe)
- Red hot pepper (Atarugu)
- Fresh Spinach
- Maggi cubes
Before cooking, wash all the vegetables; soak the spinach in salt water and leave for 5 mintues then rinse thoroughly, chop the tomatoes and onions, grind the Tatashe, Atarugu, Ginger, Crayfish and Garlic, slice the spinach, cut the carrots into round shapes, cut be potatoes into small cubes.
- Place a pot on fire, add ground tatashe, onions, pepper ,ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute
- Add water and crayfish, season with maggi cubes
- Allow the water to boil then add the potatoes and allow to cook
- Add carrots and allow to cook for 2 minutes
- Add spinach and stir, leave for 1 minute
Our healthy, yummy porridge is ready, it is very easy to make and the colour is so beautiful and inviting. Enjoy, try this out and get back to me, see you soon…